Subject: Re: ipforwarding
To: Joseph Sirucka <jsirucka@dodgyware.com>
From: Olaf Seibert <rhialto@polderland.nl>
List: port-alpha
Date: 11/09/2001 02:28:16
On Wed 31 Oct 2001 at 06:12:42 +1100, Joseph Sirucka wrote:
> recently ipforwarding between my network card and my wireless card has
> seemed to have stopped.
>
> I have no reason as to why. I can ping either machines from the alpha on
> each side of the alpha.
>
> I have in my kernel options GATEWAY, IPFORWARDING=1, IPFORWSCRT=1 and to
> no avail.

Up until here this sounds a lot like what I have seen a few times.  IP
forwarding works for some days after a fresh boot, then suddely it stops
working (I have NAT because the machine is connected to an ADSL link on
one side and my internal network on the other).

> I also have set sysctl -w net.inet.ip.forwarding=1 and still to no
> avail.

but my problem could always be fixed by again setting sysctl -w
net.inet.ip.forwarding=1, because somehow it was getting cleared to 0.
And I'm sure I didn't do it.

> Joseph
-Olaf.
--
___ Olaf 'Rhialto' Seibert - rhialto@polder --They that can give up essential
\X/ land.nl --liberty to purchase a little temporary safety