Subject: Re: current state of TGA?
To: R. C. Dowdeswell <elric@imrryr.org>
From: Michael G. Schabert <mikeride@mac.com>
List: port-alpha
Date: 11/02/2001 15:14:30
>Hmmm, this looks more like a problem with the X binary itself,
>because at that stage it is trying to open shared objects---not
>trying to configure the screen.
>
>What version of NetBSD are you using?

alpha# uname -a
NetBSD alpha.prez.net 1.5W NetBSD 1.5W (prez) #18: Wed Jul 11 22:57:53 EDT 2001
     mikeride@mirandagraph06:/usr/src/sys/arch/alpha/compile/prez alpha
alpha#

I had stopped building -current when I was bitten by a kernel bug in
early July which gave me libc problems & signal 11 issues. I had been
awaiting the next snapshot to ensure that I had a good working
"everything" before trying to build again.

Anyone else wonder how port-mac68k can make snapshots weekly on
ancient 68040 hardware, while the big & mighty Alphas can only manage
to do it about every 6 months?

I would think that my 1.5W should have the patches that B. James
suggested. In a quick check, though, my sources don't (I hadn't even
been doing my anoncvs updates. I'm going to download everything from
the July snapshot, install it all, and download a -current source.
I'll make a kernel from that & see if I fare better.

I'll post an update if it works, or new errors if it doesn't ;-)

Thanks for your time,
Mike
Bikers don't *DO* taglines.