Subject: Re: OffTopic: Intel's dependent on the Alpha chip...
To: Wilko Bulte <wkb@freebie.xs4all.nl>
From: Brian Hechinger <wonko@arkham.ws>
List: port-alpha
Date: 11/01/2001 13:43:11
> If you want the utmost in stability (and you do want that for a wafer fab)
> VMS outdoes the competition (yes, also Unix competition!)

us UNIX weenie wave our uptime numbers around at each other, VMS people don't
do that.  why?  you install VMS, boot the machine, and expect it to run until
you take it offline.  the pair of 6000 boxes at the one place i worked at ran
from the day they were installed, up until they were removed from the facility
late last year.  never shut down.  not once.  god i love that stuff.

-brian