Subject: Re: bash
To: Ken Nagorski <kenn@pcintelligent.com>
From: der Mouse <mouse@Rodents.Montreal.QC.CA>
List: port-alpha
Date: 10/25/2001 18:15:02
> This is dumb, but I am trying to get, not root... but a normal user
> to have bash as the shell when they log in.  I have it listed in
> /etc/shells and /etc/passwd shows the right path to bash but when I
> log in, no luck!  I get sh... How can that be?

If you simply edited /etc/passwd, rather than editing
/etc/master.passwd and then rebuilding the databases, this is exactly
what I'd expect.

Use vipw (or some other tool that knows about all the database
rebuilding goop) to change it, and see if that doesn't help.

/~\ The ASCII				der Mouse
\ / Ribbon Campaign