Subject: RE: framebuffer on dec3000/300L
To: None <thompsob18@optushome.com.au>
From: None <Matt.VanDeWerken@csiro.au>
List: port-alpha
Date: 10/22/2001 08:29:35
Hi Ben:

I have a DEC 3000/400, also with dual frame buffers. Ihave, however, managed
to get X going on one of the framebuffers, but not both. I did the same as
you did, I guess the difference could be that the version of X that I used
was 3.3.6, rather than the 4.0.3 (or whatever) is in current. The HOWTO is
on that page at monash.edu.au (can't remember the exact URL off the top of
my head), just follow that, making sure to use an older release of NetBSD (I
used 1.5.1, because I already had burned that to CD, I guess I was just
lucky, because I had intended to burn 1.5.2 to CD but never got around to
it...).

Good luck, let us all know how you go.

Cheers,
Matthew van de Werken
Electronics Engineer
CSIRO Exploration & Mining - Gravity Group
1 Technology Court - Pullenvale - Qld - 4069 - AUSTRALIA
ph:  +61-7-3327 4685     fax:  +61-7-3327 4455