Subject: *** no timer interrupts on CPU 0 *** ?
To: NetBSD/Alpha <port-alpha@netbsd.org>
From: B. James Phillippe <bryanxms@ecst.csuchico.edu>
List: port-alpha
Date: 10/21/2001 00:45:16
Hello,

I am seeing a strange message on bootup of my PC164 about "no timer
interrupts on CPU 0".  I have only had this system for about 2 weeks, but
this is the first time I've seen this.  I am running 1.5.2 and the system
seems to be working otherwise without problem.  Before I dive into this any
further, is there any cause for alarm here?  Here is the output I am seeing
(booting via serial console):

-------8<--------

CPU 0 booting

(boot dka600.6.0.9.0 -flags A)
block 0 of dka600.6.0.9.0 is a valid boot block
reading 15 blocks from dka600.6.0.9.0
bootstrap code read in
base = 180000, image_start = 0, image_bytes = 1e00
initializing HWRPB at 2000
initializing page table at 172000
initializing machine state
setting affinity to the primary CPU
jumping to bootstrap code

NetBSD/alpha 1.5.2 FFS Primary Bootstrap
*** no timer interrupts on CPU 0 ***
*** keyboard not plugged in...
Jumping to entry point...

NetBSD/alpha 1.5.2 Secondary Bootstrap, Revision 1.10
(he@albatross.urc.uninett.no, Aug 17 23:50:47 MEST 2001)

I also see the "no timer interrupts on CPU 0" message when I halt back to
the SRM (V5.5-1 Jul 14 1999 12:37:45).

thanks,
-bp
--
# bryan at terran dot org                      Support the American Red Cross
# http://www.terran.org/~bryan                    http://www.redcross.org