Subject: Re: Two dead AXPpxi33 boards?
To: None <port-alpha@netbsd.org>
From: None <kpneal@pobox.com>
List: port-alpha
Date: 10/18/2001 23:32:23
On Thu, Oct 18, 2001 at 10:58:02PM -0400, Matthew N. Dodd wrote:
> On Thu, 18 Oct 2001 kpneal@pobox.com wrote:
> > Can anyone suggest a way in which the board isn't broken even after
> > all these tests? Is there a way to see if the problem is the board
> > or the processor without trying a working processor in a potentially
> > dead board? Safely?
>
> Sounds like the problem I had with my AXPpci33 board when I wasn't using
> the right memory.

I'm using two 8 meg SIMMs that have been working fine in my AlphaStation
200 for years.

Am I correct in thinking that the AXPpci33 uses the same memory as
the AlphaStation 200?
      'Concerns about "rights" and "ownership" of domains are inappropriate.
 It is appropriate to be concerned about "responsibilities" and "service"
 to the community.' -- RFC 1591, page 4: March 1994