Subject: Re: Corrupted SRM -- PS
To: None <port-alpha@netbsd.org>
From: Ray Phillips <r.phillips@mailbox.uq.edu.au>
List: port-alpha
Date: 10/06/2001 23:03:46
A final note about the problems with my AS200...

A local Compaq engineer suggested ISACONFIG corruption could be the cause
of the nvram error messages which appeared at power on, and that I try the
command

    isacfg -init

at the SRM prompt to clear it; and that worked.

The machine also had an unusual problem with the real time clock when it
was power cycled: the time of day, day of the month, and month of the year
were correct, but the year jumped forward to 2021.  I measured the lithium
button cell on the motherboard and it was 3 V, so I thought it was all
right.  However, a new one cured the problem.

Has anyone successfully used non-DEC RAM in an AS200?  The people at Compaq
Spare Parts say it's detremental to the machine to use memory that hasn't
been designed for it, as you would expect, but the prices I've seen for DEC
RAM are prohibitive.

Ray