Subject: DEC 3000/400 ongoing saga...
To: None <port-alpha@netbsd.org>
From: rb <rb@bitbucket.co.uk>
List: port-alpha
Date: 10/04/2001 22:04:00
Finally got hold of a compatible CD drive for my Sandpiper and
managed to get NetBSD booting from it right away using the Monash
cdhdtape image.

During install, when sysinst runs newfs on sd0a, it fails with

    [blah blah blah]
    write error: 13104
    wtfs: Input/output error

Similarly, when dropping out of sysinst to the shell and running fsck on
sd0a, I get:

    ** /dev/rsd0a
    BAD SUPER BLOCK: MAGIC NUMBER WRONG
    uid 0 on /: file system full

    /: write failed, file system is full
    fsck: /dev/rsd0a: Floating point exception

I'm assuming that the drive is beat...if anyone wants to cheer me up
by informing me otherwise, I'm all ears!

Otherwise, anyone in the UK got a replacement part going cheap... :c)

Rory Beaton
Dundee, Scotland

--
 )))))))  rb@bitbucket.co.uk  <-- home mail  )))))))
 (((((((  Beware of high-speed information!  (((((((