Subject: RE: Trouble installing on 3000/400
To: None <port-alpha@netbsd.org>
From: None <Matt.VanDeWerken@csiro.au>
List: port-alpha
Date: 10/01/2001 12:28:07
Thanks Brian, and also Manuel for the other reply.

The answer is that yes, most of the install *had* been done, so on reboot it
would come up single-user. Then I just had to change the line in rc.conf
that says RC_CONF_DONE=NO to YES (or whatever it was), and it booted
multi-user. X works, too, using the patch on the monash web site (can't
remember the URL).

Anyway, there are still a few holes in the install, but this is not a
mission-cricitcal machine, so I can play with it at my leisure.

Having finished the install, I found the install manual I had printed, which
pretty much outlined what Brian and Manuel were getting at...

Cheers, and thanks again,
Matthew van de Werken
Electronics Engineer
CSIRO Exploration & Mining - Gravity Group
1 Technology Court - Pullenvale - Qld - 4069
ph:  (07) 3327 4685     fax:  (07) 3327 4455