Subject: Re: TGA display problem on console
To: B. James Phillippe <bryanxms@ecst.csuchico.edu>
From: R. C. Dowdeswell <elric@mabelode.imrryr.org>
List: port-alpha
Date: 09/26/2001 16:50:02
On 71011673; seconds since the Beginning of the UNIX epoch
"B. James Phillippe" wrote:

>Roland,
>
>Your guess is on the money.  A kernel compiled with this patch resolves my
>display problem.  Very interesting this hasn't come up before.

I'll check this in soon, then---and ask for it to be pulled up to
the 1.5 branch.  It will be in 1.5.3, then.  [I think that this
got through since nathanw and I were both using sync on green
monitors, perhaps?]

>On a (possibly) unrelated note, when I have my display set for 1152x900,
>the NetBSD console seems to honor the resolution in terms of point size,
>but not in rows and columns.  On kernel init, my display is centered in the
>screen with what appears to be the standard 80x25 character width.  Is
>there any way I can modify the console configuration to use the full screen
>resolution?

Yes, this was changed for some reason---I think speed on scrolling.
There is a quick kernel patch that you can do to switch it to full
size, I think, but I can't see any way to change it while running.
I should probably hack something up to allow either wsconscfg(1)
or wsconsctl(1) to change this.

 == Roland Dowdeswell                      http://www.Imrryr.ORG/~elric/  ==
 == The Unofficial NetBSD Web Pages        http://www.Imrryr.ORG/NetBSD/  ==
 == The NetBSD Project                            http://www.NetBSD.ORG/  ==