Subject: ecoff: need to setup FRAME_GP for native binaries?
To: None <port-alpha@netbsd.org>
From: Jaromír <jdolecek@netbsd.org>
List: port-alpha
Date: 09/16/2001 13:12:30
Hi,
I'm working on some changes to execsw/struct emul, and trying to analyze
feasability of moving setregs hook from struct execsw to struct emul.

I've realized our native ECOFF execsw entry in kern/exec_conf.c
uses cpu_exec_ecoff_setregs() instead of plain setregs(). The
difference between the two is that cpu_exec_ecoff_setregs() sets
FRAME_GP up accordingly to the binary header.

I wonder if this is really necessary for native NetBSD binaries.
I have zero knowledge about ECOFF binary format, so I don't know
if this is a requirement for ECOFF binaries.

Jaromir
--
Jaromir Dolecek <jdolecek@NetBSD.org>      http://www.ics.muni.cz/~dolecek/
NetBSD - just plain best OS! -=*=- Got spare MCA cards or docs? Hand me them!