Subject: Re: DEC 3000/400 CD drives
To: rb <rb@bitbucket.co.uk>
From: Paul Mather <paul@gromit.dlib.vt.edu>
List: port-alpha
Date: 09/15/2001 15:11:27
On Sat, 15 Sep 2001, rb wrote:

=> I've also got a 3000/300 (32MB, 535MB with no removable media) which
=> seems to have a basic OSF/1 but goes looking for /usr on another box
=> which I don't have... :c).
=> Can someone advise the specs of a suitable floppy disk drive for this
=> machine? Or am I on a loser here...?

You're probably on a loser, there.  The floppy drive has a daughter card
underneath it that makes the floppy drive look like regular SCSI device.
So, unless you can find a SCSI floppy, I'd guess you were out of luck.

The easiest way to get NetBSD onto the 3000/300 is to dd an install disk
image into the internal drive and go from there.  If you get NetBSD
going on the 3000/400, you could use that as a "helper system."

Cheers,

Paul.

e-mail: paul@gromit.dlib.vt.edu

        --- Frank Vincent Zappa