Subject: DEC 3000/400 CD drives
To: None <port-alpha@netbsd.org>
From: rb <rb@bitbucket.co.uk>
List: port-alpha
Date: 09/15/2001 17:16:34
Hi,

I thought it would probably be fitting if I made my first post to this
list something verging on "off-topic"... :c)

I've just acquired a DEC 3000/400 (32MB, 1.05GB, OpenVMS) with a CD-ROM
but no caddy. Can anyone advise if this device takes a generic caddy or
if I need something "DEC". I've got a boatload of old drawer-type SCSI
drives here but am guessing that they somehow this machine won't play
with them. Anyone had experience to the contrary?

I've also got a 3000/300 (32MB, 535MB with no removable media) which
seems to have a basic OSF/1 but goes looking for /usr on another box
which I don't have... :c).
Can someone advise the specs of a suitable floppy disk drive for this
machine? Or am I on a loser here...?

Hopefully I'll get NetBSD onto these boxes somehow!

Rory Beaton
Dundee, Scotland

--
 )))))))  rb@bitbucket.co.uk  <-- home mail  )))))))
 (((((((  Beware of high-speed information!  (((((((