Subject: Re: srm supprot adaptec?
To: Charles Redmond <charlie25@my-deja.com>
From: R. C. Dowdeswell <elric@mabelode.imrryr.org>
List: port-alpha
Date: 09/10/2001 11:15:17
"Charles Redmond" wrote:

>Hi,
>    I recently got myself a 433A PWs now srm'ed to 433au.
>The box came with an adaptec 2940.
>I have managed to install NetBSD 1.5.1 from floppy and network fine however the Adaptec card is not seen by SRM.
>Does anyone know if there are any versions of srm for this box that support srm now?
>
>What alternatives are there to boot the box besides replacing hte scsi card or a diskless boot?
>Thanks
>
>Charles

I have one of these guys in that same configuration.  Right now I
am booting off the network with a kernel that is hardwired to use
the local disks.  This is a bit of a pain, but it only needs my
laptop to be present at boot.  I've been thinking about picking up
a cheap tiny (100MB or so) old IDE drive, since the SRM will boot
off that.  Just something large enough to hold a kernel that points
it at the SCSI subsystem.

 == Roland Dowdeswell                      http://www.Imrryr.ORG/~elric/  ==
 == The Unofficial NetBSD Web Pages        http://www.Imrryr.ORG/NetBSD/  ==
 == The NetBSD Project                            http://www.NetBSD.ORG/  ==