Subject: Re: Newbie seeks advice: AlphaStation 200
To: bad bob <sfmc68@bellatlantic.net>
From: B. James Phillippe <bryan@terran.org>
List: port-alpha
Date: 09/09/2001 18:17:16
On Sun, 9 Sep 2001, bad bob wrote:

> With these to responses to the orig questin, can I trouble you folks to
> ask if you have access to a manual or some explanation of the error
> codes/count down on power up?  I have two different symptoms from two
> machines - E5 as the last code before the build date is popped out.  I
> get no prompt or reaction via the keyboard or on the screen after this.
> The second symptom is a no leds, no apparent power BUT when I shut it
> off, the power seems to still be on.  Any hints, pointers to a manual,
> greatly appreciated.  thanks

Hello,

I have a manual for my AS 200, and it contains tables both for the error
beep codes and the diagnostic LED's.  As for the bootup sequence (the SRM
values printed), I'm not sure where the codes are documented.  If you have
a beep or LED code, I can tell you what the manual says about it.

-bp
--
# bryan at terran dot org
# http://www.terran.org/~bryan