Subject: Re: High-end pciide on alpha?
To: Manuel Bouyer <bouyer@antioche.eu.org>
From: Todd Vierling <tv@wasabisystems.com>
List: port-alpha
Date: 09/03/2001 19:51:34
On Mon, 3 Sep 2001, Manuel Bouyer wrote:

: > I have a HPT366 (Iwill SIDE-PRO66) that appears to work fine in Lose2k, but
: > has some issues under NetBSD 1.5.x, particularly on alpha.

: > * The second HPT366 channel, which attaches as a separate PCI function
: >   (pciide1), always shows up as "pciide1: device disabled (at device)".

: Strange, I don't see this, with or without the firware PROM in place.
: What's the revision of this controller ?

Since I'm prepping to go to the Embedded Systems Conferen, I can't get the
alpha open at the moment to find out any revision/stepping number, but I do
know for a fact that it's a HPT366 (see above).

The Iwill SIDE-PRO66 is a HPT366, and the SIDE-PRO100 and RAID-PRO100 are
HPT370.  I atually upgraded the firmware at one point right from Highpoint's
site, which seemed to make no difference (...but then, the alpha doesn't do
x86 emulation for non-VGA BIOSes).

--
-- Todd Vierling <tv@wasabisystems.com>  *  Wasabi NetBSD:  Run with it.
-- NetBSD 1.5.2 available on CD-ROM soon!  --  http://www.wasabisystems.com/