Subject: Re: Q: Switching to serial console...
To: None <port-alpha@netbsd.org>
From: Toru Nishimura <nisimura@itc.aist-nara.ac.jp>
List: port-alpha
Date: 08/24/2001 14:48:19
Terminator <jimmyzhou@bigfoot.com> asked;

> Then I disattached the keyboard, mouse and monitor from alpha,
> and even more, set jumper to force it switch console to
> serial port. Is there anything wrong? I noticed that at the
> right bottom corner of Minicom, it's Offline. And nothing
> happens in minicom. :-(

- Are you sure of using modular connector ("DEC MMJ", beside of ISDN
RJ45) of your DEC3000 for serial console?  Model 500 DB25 male is not
a serial console.
- Specially tailoured TCWSCONS kernel can use PMAGB-B framebuffer and
performs *splendidly*.  If yours is equipped with one of other models,
PMAG-B (CX), PMAG-A (MX), PMAG-JA (TX) or PMAGD-BA (HX+), I can provide
you 1.5X current kernel for you.

Tohru Nishimura