Subject: AS1200 / Digital Server 5300 memory question.
To: None <port-alpha@netbsd.org>
From: Stephen M Jones <smj@cirr.com>
List: port-alpha
Date: 08/14/2001 12:08:07
I have two 5303 (AS1200) DigitalServer machines and would like to
populate the memory banks but I'm having difficulty finding the
specs.  From what I know from the part numbers, I have Toshiba
PC66, ECC 64mb sdram 3.3v.  My question is, can the alpha deal with
PC66, ECC 128mb sticks?  I found a non-compaq spec page which
said its maximum capacity was 2gigs, if that is the case, then
only 64mb or less would work.  PC100 RAM is cheap, but PC66 is
becoming a bit of a rarity.  If I went with 64mb PC100 ECC 3.3v
would I be OK?

Please reply privately.  Thank you.