Subject: Re: SGMAP DMA improvements
To: Jason R Thorpe <thorpej@zembu.com>
From: Matthew Jacob <mjacob@feral.com>
List: port-alpha
Date: 07/19/2001 10:59:56
On Thu, 19 Jul 2001, Jason R Thorpe wrote:

> On Thu, Jul 19, 2001 at 07:51:41PM +0200, Wilko Bulte wrote:
>
>  > If Matt can't, I have a AS8400 with 8 CPUs and 12 GB of memory that I should
>  > be able to 'borrow'.
>
> Hm, and if I kluge something into the PROM console code, I'd like to know
> how well MP works on that machine, too.

I tried FreeBSD/SMP yesterday at NASA/Ames on it. At least on jules the second
processor of the two on the CPU board did not have Processor Available
set even though SRM said it was there. Igmoring that seemed to work, but there
were some really funky freezups- not sure why. I thought it might be that the
IPI interrupts weren't enabled on all the processors, but, no, they were. One
thing I also did notice was that the mcclock interrupts were enabled on both
processors- that might be what was causing wierdness (two! two! two
schedulers in one!).

> Feh, I should just do a zs attachment for TLSB/GBUS.

Please do- I haven't had time to hack in one.

-matt