Subject: RE: Multia won't boot :-{
To: NetBSD/alpha Discussion List <port-alpha@netbsd.org>
From: John Hayward <John.C.Hayward@wheaton.edu>
List: port-alpha
Date: 06/28/2001 22:47:42
Well, careful examination of the E215 still looks ok

Cutting the yellow wires increased the fan speed.

Replacing the battery - unfortunatly did not resolve the problem.

Since I had been on vacation I now remember occationally a clicking
or poping sound from the Multia while it was last up.

I guess it is dead :-{

Kind of sad to see it go - I have had experience on DEC's PDP-12 (dual
computer wof PDP-8 and Link computer), PDP-11s, DecSystem-20s, VAXes and a
few Alphpa's (the Multia was my very own) (I don't include the MIPs
processors with DEC name tags).

I do have several items:

o Should I be able to connect the SCSI drive up to a VAX or MIPS machine
  and mount the file system?  There are some configuration and text files
  I would like to have.

o Anyone interested in 64MB of IBM Parity Memory which I reciently
  purchased from an E-Bay auction.

o Anyone in the Chicago area interested in the Multia-166 box?

johnh...