Subject: Re: Slightly Off-Topic...
To: Kevin P. Neal <kpneal@pobox.com>
From: Vance Dereksen <vance@ikickass.org>
List: port-alpha
Date: 06/25/2001 22:34:15
You are talking about UNIX System Services for OS/390.  This is not UNIX.
This is a UNIX "skin" for OS/390.  If you want to do anything serious with
OS/390, stick with the MVS interface, or even the VM/CMS interface.  If
you want to do real UNIX, use Linux/390.  Or wait until my NetBSD/s390
port works (I'm working on it... be patient).  UNIXSS/390 is not, nor is
it meant to be, UNIX.  Period.  It is simply there to provide UNIX users a
way of migrating their knowledge to MVS/ESA.

Peace...  Sridhar

Sridhar Ayengar
30FA MLC Screening Equipment Engineering
IBM Corp.