Subject: Re: Slightly Off-Topic...
To: Dave McGuire <mcguire@neurotica.com>
From: Lord Isildur <mrfusion@umbar.vaxpower.org>
List: port-alpha
Date: 06/25/2001 12:39:57
oh, of course! they feel very good about themselves and probably think
that they're being super high tech and feel very clever when they 'take
control' and make idiotic decisions like this. When the Q bought DEC, it
was like a bunch of children climbing all over the king's throne.

On Mon, 25 Jun 2001, Dave McGuire wrote:

>   What I find infuriating about this is the damned suits at Compaq (and
> everywhere else, it seems) seem to be under the impression that
> processor architecture is a BUSINESS DECISION.
>
>   Where do these morons get off with this bullshit?

they always feel more important when they get 'involved' if they make a
stupid decision, they can always blame it on someone else.  they were just
being 'industry leaders' right?

>   Intel hasn't produced a decent design since the 8085, but the people
> who know something about computers have always had alternatives to
> their shit.  Now yet another of those alternatives is being destroyed
> by the damned suits, and to make it worse, Intel's idiot engineers are
> getting Alpha-related "technology" (they use that word as if it's
> something you can reach out and touch) which I'm sure they'll blindly
> use to band-aid their UNBELIEVABLY BAD designs and then take the
> credit for it.

oh of course!
oh, yeah, 'technology' is something evidently that i can buy at the
supermarket in 8 oz , 12 oz, and 2 lb cans. I think they trade bulk
quantities of it at comex. people can just use some technology to solve
any problem. I think the going rate these days is about 6 ounces of
technology concentrate, mixed with a few gallons of water, to chase down the
huge hill of bullshit.

>   "Marketing" has become "ramming something down people's throats
> whether they want it or not" in our industry.  What kind of bullshit
> is that?
>
>   INTEL: GET A CLUE.  YOU ARE HOLDING THE ENTIRE COMPUTER INDUSTRY BACK
> WITH YOUR SUIT-PROMOTED BAD DESIGNS.  Learn from the failure of the P4!

They dont get it. The only company left with any balls is IBM. sad, isnt it?

Isildur