Subject: Re: HELP!
To: None <linc@thelinuxlink.net>
From: None <jkunz@unixag-kl.fh-kl.de>
List: port-alpha
Date: 06/21/2001 19:56:37
On 21 Jun, linc wrote:

> OK, so what OS should I run on this thing and where can I get it so that I
> can get some more performance out of this box?
VMS? (hobbyist licence via DECUS and Montagar)

Don't get me wrong. The computing power of that box is absolutely
sufficient to be usable. I LaTeXt my diploma thesis on my AS200 4/166
during last christmas. 48MB is enough to do some work. But don't try to
run Netcrap, gimp or the like. RAM is no big problem, as this nice litle
machine can be feed with regular true parity fast page mode PS/2 SIMMs.
--

tschüß,
         Jochen