Subject: Re: alphabios to srm -255/233
To: None <port-alpha@netbsd.org>
From: Wes Kurdziolek <xunil@lactating-monkeys.net>
List: port-alpha
Date: 06/15/2001 17:34:16
This won't work if it's an AlphaStation 255/233 b/c it doesn't have enough
room to store both the SRM console and the AlphaBIOS. You'll have to pop
in the CD and find the menu selection that reads "Update firmware" or
something like that. Then, "update" the SRM console firmware which will
overwrite the AlphaBIOS.

On Fri, 15 Jun 2001, mel kravitz wrote:

> Date: Fri, 15 Jun 2001 11:08:41 +0000
> From: mel kravitz <melk@switchpwr.com>
> To: charlie25@my-deja.com, port-alpha@netbsd.org
> Subject: alphabios to srm -255/233
>
> >From AlphaBios choose CMOS Setup... then F6 (Advanced CMOS Setup )
> select (4 )Console selection. Here you can select SRM console. F10 to
> save changes , on next boot the SRM console will come up. Caution with
> firmware upgrades on older alpha's perhaps some one who has upgraded
> firmware on a 255 can comment? For me on 1 out of three as400's the srm
> boot hangs at ba..bb....hitting the reset switch re-starts and completes
> boot to the SRM prompt. Good luck.
> -Mel

Wes Kurdziolek
xunil@lactating-monkeys.net