Subject: NetBSD-1.5.1 BETA2
To: None <port-alpha@netbsd.org>
From: Duane Eddingfield <deddingf@wecs.bc.ca>
List: port-alpha
Date: 06/12/2001 19:01:26
Hi:

    I just downloaded the cdhdtape and burnt it onto a CD and booted my
Jensen.. Same result as before, it detects my hardware perfectly but hangs
after reporting the floppy drive geometry. Sigh...

    From what others have said I believe that at this point is when it tries
to detect the installed hard disk(s). I have a 1 GB drive (ancient Seagate I
think) that works perfectly under RH 6.2/7.0.

    The controller is the AHA-1742A Rev G (tried Rev H as well) that get
properly detected at eisa0, IRQ 12.  Is there anyway that someone could dig
up the "patch" that was mentioned a while back or is there a boot argument
that I could give it that would help? It must be partly talking to the
controller as the floppy disk get detected.

    I even considered shipping one of my Jensens to someone who has better
kernal hacking abilities than I but the hassel and expense is probably not
worth it.

So close and yet so far,

</Duane>