Subject: Newbie Alpha Install Help
To: None <port-alpha@netbsd.org>
From: Mark Novak <mnovak@wpcnet.com>
List: port-alpha
Date: 05/25/2001 16:06:32
Hi all,

Hopefully this is the correct mailing list for this question.

I have an AlphaServer 800 that was running OpenVMS and Red Hat Linux.  I
would like to remove those operating systems and use NetBSD.

I have read the FAQ, the install docs, and looked through the mail list
archives.

I have tried versions 1.4 and 1.5, and the bootable cd iso of version 1.5.

When I insert the first floppy disk, and boot DVA0, everything seems to go
ok.  The system then prompts for the second floppy disk.

At that point, I get this message:

open 0:1/vmlinuz-2.2.17-4:No such file or directory

boot failed! Halting.

The system then halts.

I have the latest SRM console installed.  I get the exact same error
message when using the CDROM drive.

Any help is appreciated.

Thanks,

Mark Novak