Subject: SCSI performance
To: None <port-alpha@netbsd.org>
From: Toru Nishimura <nisimura@itc.aist-nara.ac.jp>
List: port-alpha
Date: 05/23/2001 11:00:21
Hi, all.

I started using 1.5V -current kernel for DEC3000/300 and noticed
system I/O performance has been boosted over all.  I keep using the
same hardware nearly 4 years and it runs fastest this time as long
as I can rememeber.  Most impressing is SCSI read.  /sbin/dump of 5
member RZ28 ccd filesystem marked 1040 KB/s when output was distined
to /dev/null.  I consider to add another TC SCSI card for it to take
dragging slow 4mm DAT backup drive out of builtin TCDS channel.

Big thumb up for all the people involved.

Tohru Nishimura