Subject: Re: PBXGB-AA card support in 1.5V?
To: mel kravitz <melk@switchpwr.com>
From: R. C. Dowdeswell <elric@mabelode.imrryr.org>
List: port-alpha
Date: 05/21/2001 23:14:07
mel kravitz wrote:

>On a 533au2 with card in any slot, boot stops (dmesg shown below) boot
>completes with a vga video card.. Is this a problem with a dual pci bus
>machine, or is TGA support broken in 1.5V?
>I included dmesg with tga and vga cards.
> -Mel

Are you using a serial console to get that output?  Does the TGA
put anything on the screen at all?

If the TGA2 is in fact putting part of the dmesg on the screen, then
it certainly must be working for a while -- the question would then
become why is the actual attach failing.

I'm not sure what the differences are between the a, au, and au2
are, but I was successfully running my 433a with the same card for
quite some months on -current before 1.5 and then 1.5.  I stabilized
on 1.5 for a while after its release, though.

I'm going away for a week, but I'll see about upgrading my machine
to -current when I get back to see if I can reproduce the problem.

 == Roland Dowdeswell                      http://www.Imrryr.ORG/~elric/  ==
 == The Unofficial NetBSD Web Pages        http://www.Imrryr.ORG/NetBSD/  ==
 == The NetBSD Project                            http://www.NetBSD.ORG/  ==