Subject: Re: TGA PowerStorm 4d20 X server
To: Yakaguchi Hakawara <ecorliss@hotmail.com>
From: R. C. Dowdeswell <elric@mabelode.imrryr.org>
List: port-alpha
Date: 05/18/2001 17:48:26
"Yakaguchi Hakawara" wrote:

>Hi,
>
>I have a Digital UltimateWorkstation 533au2 with a PowerStorm 4d20 video
>card.  I installed the xservers.tgz from netbsd-current, but have had no
>luck getting X to work.  Is there a FAQ or howto for getting X to work under
>NetBSD on an Alpha?  Is this video card supported?  (I noticed from the web
>site that the 3d30 is supposed to be supported in NetBSD 1.5 and read
>somewhere that the 4d20 is basically the same card with more memory.....)

Unfortunately, the 4d20 is substantially different -- it has a
different RAMDAC than the 3d30.  I am planning on writing a driver
for it, but I've just moved and won't have any of my Alphas until
about the 30th.  At that point I'll send an update on how things
are going.

 == Roland Dowdeswell                      http://www.Imrryr.ORG/~elric/  ==
 == The Unofficial NetBSD Web Pages        http://www.Imrryr.ORG/NetBSD/  ==
 == The NetBSD Project                            http://www.NetBSD.ORG/  ==