Subject: Symbios cards for PC164
To: None <port-alpha@netbsd.org>
From: Peter Seebach <seebs@plethora.net>
List: port-alpha
Date: 05/09/2001 16:56:49
I thought I'd try again, since it's been a while:

Can anyone name a brand/model of Symbios '875 card that is *KNOWN* to work
on PC164 systems with the last ROM?  One of the FreeBSD FAQs lists the Tekram
DC390F, but I have two of those, and they don't work in my Alphas.  Generally,
cards come in one of two forms:
	1.  Recognized as a SCSI controller, but no devices found, not even
	the card (and people whose cards work see the card as a device, so
	it should be there).
	2.  Not recognized at all.
I would *really* like to have working SCSI cards for these boxes, but I have
gotten about five types of '875-based cards, and *NONE* of them work.  Any
pointers?

-s