Subject: Re: AlphaStation 255
To: None <pooka@iki.fi>
From: Wes Kurdziolek <xunil@coruscant.lactating-monkeys.net>
List: port-alpha
Date: 05/01/2001 01:01:15
Careful w/ firmware if you've never upgraded it before. My first Alpha was an
AlphaStation 255/300, and I accidentally "upgraded" the AlphaBIOS which got rid of
the SRM console (necessary for UNIX and VMS) and replaced it with AlphaBIOS (for
*shudder* Windows NT). It was a pain in the rear to get things back to SRM once I
finally realized what was wrong and how to go about fixing it.

- wes