Subject: Re: ISA Isdn-Card in a alpha PC 164
To: Erik E. Fair <fair@clock.org>
From: Simon Burge <simonb@wasabisystems.com>
List: port-alpha
Date: 04/26/2001 09:57:12
"Erik E. Fair" wrote:

> I also have a PC164, and tried to make an ISA SoundBlaster 64 work in
> it, to no avail. What's the magic with isacfg and NetBSD kernel
> config?

I used to use a ISA Adaptec 1542CF scsi card in my pc164 and the console
of the box is some no-name ISA VGA card.  I didn't have to play with
isacfg to get either working.

When I switched from small SCSI disks (in a different card) to large IDE
disks I would get random machine checks.  Forcing the drives to PIO only
instead of DMA fixed that, but I've since thrown out the ISA card and
have a cheap-ass NCR card there instead.

The ISA VGA card is still in there, and works as a treat for the
console.

Simon.
NetBSD CDs, Support and Service:    http://www.wasabisystems.com/