Subject: Re: Alpha MP goes multi-user, code committed to NetBSD-current
To: None <port-alpha@netbsd.org>
From: Andrew Gallatin <gallatin@cs.duke.edu>
List: port-alpha
Date: 04/20/2001 15:47:53
Andrew Gallatin writes:

 > Jason R Thorpe writes:
 >  > Folks, today I got multiprocessor Alpha kernels to go multi-user,
 >  > running both user and kernel code on multiple processors.  It even
 >  > seems to be pretty stable (did a kernel build, doing a full userland
 >  > build right now, and will build an Alpha binary snapshot with the
 >  > MP kernel later).
 >
 > This is pretty cool. We (FreeBSD) just got to multi-user on an MP
 > alpha for the first time on Tuesday.  Its a great week for BSD on
 > alpha ;)
 >
 > Drew

Its been brought to my attention that some think this message was
intended as a cheap shot at Jason.  That was NOT my intent.  In fact,
nothing could be further from the truth.  Being involved in the
FreeBSD effort, I truly appreciate how much work is involved in
getting SMP going on alpha.  My hat is off to Jason for doing that
work in NetBSD.

I really meant it when I said "Its a great week for BSD on alpha"
and I apologize if my message has been taken in any other way.

I'll shut up & go away now...

Drew