Subject: Re: PMAZ and PMAD on a DEC3000/300
To: None <port-alpha@netbsd.org>
From: Toru Nishimura <nisimura@itc.aist-nara.ac.jp>
List: port-alpha
Date: 04/20/2001 16:29:17
I have PMAZ-A TC option card at hand and will check and see why
NetBSD/alpha can not cope with DEC3000/300.  PMAZ-A moves data through
PIO way clocked by the DEC3000/300's half-clipped 12.5MHz TC slot.  This
means it has severe disadvantage from builtin TCDS which runs full
25MHz speed assisted by TCDS DMA engine.

I once tried to run three different ASC SCSIs on a single MAXINE
(Personal DECstation); builtin IOASIC SCSI, plus PMAZ-A option and
PMAZB-A option.  This configuration brought four independent narrow
and slow SCSI channels.  I was pleased to see the stability and
usefulness.  If PMAZ-A can not run with DEC3000, that must be fixed.

I have no PMAD then am unable to fix the issue.

Tohru Nishimura

Michael Olbricht <s_olbric@ira.uka.de> wrote;