Subject: Re: Web browsers for DEC Alpha 3000/M300LX?
To: None <port-alpha@netbsd.org>
From: Olivier DE SMET <desmet@cnam.fr>
List: port-alpha
Date: 03/28/2001 12:59:06
>I was thinking we had X support for the turbochannel boxes in NetBSD-1.5
>alpha? (Yes/No?).......
>
>In 10 lines or less,... ,``How does I get there?''

Yes with 1.5-current it has support for console and X

for console use 'wscons' option for the config file.
for X use xsrc.tar.gz from current.

Btw, it take 6 hours for a full build on a 3000/300L 32Mo.

You can change the xc/conf/cf/site.df to use -O option to get
smaller binary. Don't use -Os it give unstable binary (don't know why).
There is also a bug with a library (I8n I think from memory)
with a -DHAS_WCTYPE_H. Just search the makefile with it after the first
compilation (make World). Then remove it and 'make' again to obtain a
complete X.

Olivier De Smet.

P.S. anybody know where to find memory ( 8 or 32 Mo SIMM 72 FPM 36 bit
ECC)
     nears Paris, france ?