Subject: RE: PR4424 doesn't affect -current
To: Andrew van der Stock <ajv@greebo.net>
From: Tim Rightnour <root@garbled.net>
List: port-alpha
Date: 03/25/2001 08:55:39
On 25-Mar-01 Andrew van der Stock wrote:
> As I'm new to bugfixing, what's the story wrt to closing old bugs? What has
> to happen to show that they are fixed/resolved?

Generally speaking.. (but obviously not in this case, because the maintainer
specifically said otherwise) if the bug is no longer reproducable in -current..
we close the bug.

however..  if the bug isn't reproducable because the test given in the PR is
poor, and you have a better test that reproduces it.. you should add that test
to the body of the PR, for future use by someone who might want to fix the PR.
IE: the base problem still exists, it's just not documented well.

---
Tim Rightnour <root@garbled.net>
NetBSD supported hardware database: http://mail-index.netbsd.org/cgi-bin/hw.cgi