Subject: Re: 433au boot panic
To: None <melk@switchpwr.com, port-alpha@netbsd.org>
From: Ross Harvey <ross@ghs.com>
List: port-alpha
Date: 03/24/2001 14:34:34
> From: mel kravitz <melk@switchpwr.com>
>
> This has nothing to do with ewa0, dec550 ..irg too large(250) is
> related to handeling of on-board USB ports.
> The motherboard contains the last? update ECO's -no pyxis bug, and USB
> ports. 'show config ' gives under ISA slot 0 device 8 USB .... I
> switched to a Freebsd 4.2 HD to boot and get the enclosed dmesg. Can i
> use isacfg command in SRM console to disable USB ports? Can i build a a
> new kernel for booting this machine with a fix on the file(dec_550.c)?
> -Mel

I've uploaded a -current kernel snapshot that should work to ftp.netbsd.org,
in:

	/pub/NetBSD/arch/alpha/misc/miata

Please give that a try. I can do a 1.5 patch later and probably "fix" this
for 1.5.1. Perhaps someday someone here (Wilko!) or at FreeBSD will
figure out _what_ SRM is babbling incoherently about by putting such a
wacky value in your line register, and we will get a _real_ fix.

Perhaps somewhere inside SRM code looks sort of like this:

	#define	INTFLAG_ISA        0xe0		/* we know about this one */
	#define	INTFLAG_ILIKEPIZZA 0x10		/* mumble mumble mumble */

	lineregister = INTFLAG_ISA | INTFLAG_ILIKEPIZZA | irq;

(Of course, we know it's not exactly like that, because your TGA was at
irq 10. Maybe it's `irq - mumble' or something.)

//ross