Subject: Multia won't boot with IDE drive plugged in
To: None <port-alpha@netbsd.org>
From: Charles Fultz <fultz@cs.purdue.edu>
List: port-alpha
Date: 03/23/2001 15:34:03
This may be a bit off-topic, but it is Alpha-related.

I have a DEC Multia that won't boot if an IDE hard drive is plugged in
to the 44pin IDE connector.  If I start the machine up without the IDE
hard drive plugged in, it'll boot fine from the floppy or any SCSI device.
The SRM console displays only two lines, one with the SRM console
version and a second line saying that it is "Testing memory"  with two
memory ranges and then it just sits there and does nothing else.

Any ideas as to why it won't boot with the IDE drive plugged in?
I haven't tried doing the same with ARC.

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks,
Charles Fultz
fultz