Subject: Re: Calling kernel socket routines?
To: Ross Harvey <ross@ghs.com>
From: Paul Mather <paul@gromit.dlib.vt.edu>
List: port-alpha
Date: 03/14/2001 14:58:24
On Wed, 14 Mar 2001, Ross Harvey wrote:

=> > I'm looking for man pages for the kernel so* socket routines, e.g.,
=> > socreate, sosend, soreceive, etc.  There are lots of man pages in
=> > section 9 for all kinds of kernel facilities, but not, it seems, these
=> > functions.

=> Actually, there is a detailed exegesis on the network stack internals.
=> It's just not online and not free, but it's worth the price charged.
=>
=> See ISBN: 020163354X.

Is that similar to ISBN 0-201-54979-4, which I have?  That mentions
sosend, soreceive, etc., but not in the detail I wanted.  I suppose I
could go at it with trial and error, but I thought I'd ask first to try
and save some time.  Like I said, it struck me as odd that there are man
pages for most other kernel functions, but not these, leading me to ask
if they were legit to use.

Sorry to intrude.

Cheers,

Paul.