Subject: what do you do with your Alpha 3000/300*
To: None <port-alpha@netbsd.org>
From: Hyung-song Nam <nam@wi.mit.edu>
List: port-alpha
Date: 03/08/2001 18:58:02
ok folks,
Again, somewhat OT question: For what purpose do you use your 300*
"work"station? Mine's running 1.5 and X well, but I can't seem to
find any use for it--I don't need a router, firewall, etc. It's too
slow to compile my mp3s nor can it play mp3s (only 8-bit
soundcard?!), mozilla takes almost 5 min to start, etc. And it's too
loud, so a bedside terminal is out of question. I do need an NFS
server, but the SCSI subsystem isn't all that fast and the network
throughput isn't too great either... Had this been a multia, at least
I'd have a heater, which I think I can use next winter.

I guess this one is going to my basement "museum" next to my Mac
Plus, oh no, I sold that one years ago. :)
Any mac hardware fans here?
Thanks!
--

   Hyung-song Nam / nam@wi.mit.edu
   Whitehead Institute for Biomedical Research