Subject: Re: why is there no libgcc.so
To: Caffeinate The World <mochaexpress@yahoo.com>
From: Olaf Seibert <rhialto@polderland.nl>
List: port-alpha
Date: 03/08/2001 16:00:33
On Wed 07 Mar 2001 at 21:36:18 -0800, Caffeinate The World wrote:
> thanks for the reply todd. in case anyone tried to get Sablot 0.51 to
> work under PHP 4.0.5-dev on NetBSD, you'll have to create libgcc.so and
> link with -lgcc in PHP4 to get it to work properly. Otherwise you'll
> get an undefined symbol "__builtin_XXXX" when you restart Apache (for
> php mod compiled from source not package).

I have seen something like that - I use Apache with php4 module which in
turn has an imap extension which uses the ssl shared library... and an
apachctl configtest gives

/usr/libexec/ld.so: Undefined symbol "_SSL_library_init" called from
httpd:/usr/pkg/lib/php/extensions/no-debug-non-zts-20001214/imap.so at
0x402ebbc4

but just a stopping and starting Apache works ok.

-Olaf.
--
___ Olaf 'Rhialto' Seibert - rhialto@polder --Soep van de dag, wat zal dat zijn
\X/ land.nl     --wat kan dat wezen, beter maar het ergste vrezen -Boy Bensdorp