Subject: why is there no libgcc.so
To: None <port-alpha@netbsd.org>
From: Caffeinate The World <mochaexpress@yahoo.com>
List: port-alpha
Date: 03/07/2001 18:39:49
i've noticed quite a few of these warnings when compiling apps:

*** Warning: This library needs some functionality provided by -lgcc.
*** I have the capability to make that library automatically link in
when
*** you link to this library.  But I can only do this if you have a
*** shared version of the library, which you do not appear to have.
*** The inter-library dependencies that have been dropped here will be
*** automatically added whenever a program is linked with this library
*** or is declared to -dlopen it.

i'm wondering why we only have libgcc.a and not libgcc.so as well?