Subject: TURBOchannel FastSCSI-2 card for 3000/300X
To: None <port-alpha@netbsd.org>
From: Hyung-song Nam <nam@wi.mit.edu>
List: port-alpha
Date: 03/07/2001 08:33:46
Hi all,
This message is probably slightly off-topic, but my web searches
yielded nothing, so I solicit your wisdom: Where the heck can I get a
TC FastSCSI-2 (10 MB/s) card for a 3000/300X? How much do they go for?
I have NetBSD 1.5 running very well on this machine. Disk throughput
is good, considering the interface: Bonnie gives ~2 MB/s on
sequential writes and ~3 MB/s on seq. reads. But it'd be nice to
squeeze a little more out of this machine. Now, only if they made 100
mbps NIC for this beast. :)
Also, to what x86 or PPC processor is this 175 mhz processor
equivalent? Kernel compile takes almost exactly 60 min. Kinda slow
coming from G4 2x450mhz... :)
Thanks!
--

   Hyung-song Nam / nam@wi.mit.edu
   Whitehead Institute for Biomedical Research