Subject: DEC 3000/700
To: None <port-alpha@netbsd.org>
From: Brian Hechinger <wonko@entropy.tmok.com>
List: port-alpha
Date: 03/04/2001 15:08:21
i've recently aquired a DEC 3000/700 and i'd like to install NetBSD on it, but
i can't seem to break into the chevron to boot from an alternate source.  it's
trying to boot from the internal drives, and it comes up with what i think is
it trying to boot from a VMS cluster since that's how all (i think) the VMS
machines at work are (i know all the VAX and 300LX boxes boot that way)

so anyway, i read the docos on installing NetBSD (which rarely ever fail me)
and they tell me to hit ^C during POST before the first stage boot loader
starts to get to the chevron, that has zero effect though, i can't seem to
stop it from trying to boot the "normal" way.

any suggestions?

-brian