Subject: PWS 433a won't install NetBSD
To: 'port-alpha@netbsd.org' <port-alpha@netbsd.org>
From: Tom Haapanen <tomh@metrics.com>
List: port-alpha
Date: 03/03/2001 20:26:18
My second problem this week ...

I am attempting to convert a PWS 433a (Miata) from NT to NetBSD.  This is
pretty much a base config, with 96 MB and a 2 GB IDE disk for now, and a SMC
EtherPower II (21140, I think) NIC.

I switched to the SRM console (easy on the Miata!), and power cycled, and
then booted the installation floppy (dva0).  However, I didn't get far:

NetBSD/alpha 1.5 Primary Boot +
+.
Jumping to entry point ...

halted cpu 0

halt code = 5
HALT instruction executed
PC = 2000a1c0

I then upgraded SRM to version 7.2 (from the Compaq FTP site), but this made
no difference.  I haven't seen this particular problem yet ... but, then, I
never had a Miata available for NetBSD before, either.

Can anyone offer any words of wisdom on where my problem might lie?

-----
Tom Haapanen -- Software Metrics -- Waterloo, Ontario, Canada
Advanced Printing Solutions -- http://www.metrics.com/