Subject: Re: Memory options for Multia
To: None <port-alpha@netbsd.org>
From: Carl Lowenstein <cdl@mpl.ucsd.edu>
List: port-alpha
Date: 02/28/2001 16:48:23
> Date: Wed, 28 Feb 2001 18:24:45 -0500
> From: "Kevin P. Neal" <kpneal@pobox.com>
> To: port-alpha@netbsd.org
> Subject: Re:  Memory options for Multia
>
> On Wed, Feb 28, 2001 at 02:05:02PM -0500, David Woyciesjes wrote:
> > You can find new and used parity RAM at http://www.pricewatch.com, or the
> > obvious http://www.ebay.com...
>
> I find it difficult buying memory on eBay. Most people don't seem to
> know what they are selling (or at least they don't say what they
> are selling). I want to buy a matched pair of SIMMs, not an odd piece
> from here and there. Parity is rare, and few have heard of true parity.
> It is getting easier with the new categories eBay has, but still...

I dunno.  I have had a fair amount of success using the eBay search
engine, starting at  Computers > Desktop Components > Memory
and using the search terms
				72 parity -no*

The -no* is important, because it gets rid of things like
'non-parity".  Just now, adding another search term 32 gives me 9 items
of 32MB which nearly all seem relevant.  Memory SIMMs in lots of 4 to
12.  If I read the history right, items from the most recent 12 sold
for $30 apiece.  Less than $1/megabyte..

   carl