Subject: Re: Memory options for Multia
To: None <port-alpha@netbsd.org>
From: Kevin P. Neal <kpneal@pobox.com>
List: port-alpha
Date: 02/28/2001 18:24:45
On Wed, Feb 28, 2001 at 02:05:02PM -0500, David Woyciesjes wrote:
> You can find new and used parity RAM at http://www.pricewatch.com, or the
> obvious http://www.ebay.com...

I find it difficult buying memory on eBay. Most people don't seem to
know what they are selling (or at least they don't say what they
are selling). I want to buy a matched pair of SIMMs, not an odd piece
from here and there. Parity is rare, and few have heard of true parity.
It is getting easier with the new categories eBay has, but still...

And I hate it when people don't respond to emails asking about their
auction.

Which reminds me ... does anyone know of a source for 3-button PS/2 mice
that work with Alphas? Without having to use an adaptor for the connector?
I got all sorts of looks at the fairground this past weekend when I asked
people about the mouse protocol their meece spoke.
      'Concerns about "rights" and "ownership" of domains are inappropriate.
 It is appropriate to be concerned about "responsibilities" and "service"
 to the community.' -- RFC 1591, page 4: March 1994