Subject: alpha console colors...
To: None <port-alpha@netbsd.org>
From: Andrew Hobgood <chaos@strange.net>
List: port-alpha
Date: 02/12/2001 02:58:18
... this might not be quite the right venue for this, but I've hunted
everywhere, and I fear that this might be an alpha-specific "feature"...

the wscons driver seems to enjoy assigning an obnoxious-on-the-eyes blue
color as the background color, and after a week of console-only use (still
waiting with baited breath on repairing those PLT errors in the xfree tree),
my eyeballs are screaming for relief.

does anyone know how to change the background color to a more soothing
black?  some of my programs do so via ANSI codes, but screen erases
inevitably fill the screen with the same painful blue...

/Andrew