Subject: Re: Postgres and Alpha.
To: Paul Mather <paul@gromit.dlib.vt.edu>
From: Berndt Josef Wulf <wulf@dingo.ping.net.au>
List: port-alpha
Date: 02/07/2001 08:12:14
Paul Mather wrote
> With all of these recent messages about Postgres on Alpha, I made the
> version in pkgsrc.  It appears to work, on the whole.  But, does anyone
> else have problems with "\d" not working?  It returns "ERROR:
> getattproperties: no attribute tuple 1259 -2" on my stock build.  A WWW
> search seemed to imply this was a compiler optimisation problem.  Can
> someone who has just built Postgres from pkgsrc try this:
>

> ~ paul@hawkwind$ psql
> Welcome to psql, the PostgreSQL interactive terminal.
>
> Type:  \copyright for distribution terms
>        \h for help with SQL commands
>        \? for help on internal slash commands
>        \g or terminate with semicolon to execute query
>        \q to quit
>
> paul=# create table foo (bar integer);
> CREATE
> paul=# \d foo
> ERROR:  getattproperties: no attribute tuple 1259 -2
> paul=# select * from foo;
>  bar
> -----
> (0 rows)
>
> paul=# insert into foo values (23);
> INSERT 18985 1
> paul=# select * from foo;
>  bar
> -----
>   23
> (1 row)
>
> paul=# \d foo
> ERROR:  getattproperties: no attribute tuple 1259 -2
> paul=#
> <<<<<
>
> So, you can work with the table, just not describe it.  The side-effect
> of this problem is that pgaccess won't list defined tables, meaning you
> can't work on them within pgaccess.

Same happens here...

phpgroupware=# \d lang
ERROR:  getattproperties: no attribute tuple 1259 -2

Will try to track this down over the weekend, work load permitting.

Thanks for your report

cheerio Berndt
--
Name    : Berndt Josef Wulf            | +++ With BSD on Packet Radio +++
E-Mail  : wulf@ping.net.au             |    tfkiss, tnt, dpbox, wampes